Servoy allows users to quickly set up user groups and enable multilevel security access to solutions. This chapter describes how to assign security settings at the solution, form, and table level.
In This Chapter
Note: For information on creating user groups, visit the chapter on Defining User and Group Security. Servoy also supports database security (enforced by the database) via the Servoy database server connection. For details, consult the documentation on your database server.
Servoy allows developers to create login forms/solutions (see Working with Solutions) to allow authenticated access to an application or solution. Once the login solution is created, it can be added to a solution via the Properties view.
To add security features to a solution:
- Activate the solution from the All Solutions node, if it is not currently active.
- Select the currently active solution. The Properties view, normally on the right of the workbench, should show a filtered list relevant to the solution level. (If the Properties view is not visible, enable it using the menu item Window > Show View > Properties.
- Under the Properties node, specify the following information as applicable:
- loginForm (use default unless you have a custom login dialog)
- loginSolutionName (if a custom solution is used for login)
- mustAuthenticate (must be selected to enforce login access)
Setting Form and Form Element Security
Security settings can be specified at the group level for an entire form or for selected form elements via the Form Editor Security subtab (see image below).
The left column lists available user groups, and the right table lists the form itself as the first item, followed by the form elements.
Note: Elements must be named (i.e., the 'name' property must be specified) for them to be included in the table.
- To enable access to the entire form, select the user group and then click on the checkboxes to set the desired access level on the form.
- Form element access can be similarly set for each user group.
Setting Database Table Security
Servoy allows developers to easily set table-level security via the Security subtab of the Table Editor. Groups can be assigned either implicit or explicit security settings (see image below).
To manage security settings for a database table:
- In Solution Explorer, select the database from the Database Servers node. A list of tables will appear at the bottom area.
- Double-click to open the desired table. It will open in the Table Editor view.
- Select the Security subtab.
- Select the group for which you would like to assign security settings.
- Make your security selections.
- Save your changes using File > Save or CTRL-S (cmd-S).
when deleting, check the 'Delete project contents on disk' checkbox