The NGClient is web based Servoy client technology, which depends on AngularJS framework for all form elements. It futher more depends heavily on the HTML5 specification and upcoming webcomponent specification. Every form element in the NGClient is a webcomponent which can be modified or forms can utilize your own webcomponents.
A webcomponent is an isolated piece of UX which is reusable in forms/pages. Servoy does require a specification file for a webcomponent in order to make it usable in the form designer. The specification file is therefor Servoy specific and additional to AngularJS.
For details see:
- Specification (.spec file)
- Angular template (.html file)
- Client side logic (.js file)
- Validation UX
- Server Side Scripting
- Angular services
- Provided directives, filters, services and model values
- NGClient Compatibility
- Styling in the NGClient
- NGClient specific servoy plugins
- Uploading files
- Form Component
- The manifest.json/header index contributions
- Web Package Manager and the Web Packages node in the Solution Explorer
- Favicon support
- Customizing the NG Client
- Nice search results (in google or others)
- Developing packages for NGClient2
For details on NGClient deployment and browsers compatibility see NGClient deployment.
From 8.4 on for NGClient we use by default a different absolute positioning system, the anchored positioning is replaced with pure CSS Positioning