Using the 'import solution' link at the bottom of the Solutions page of the Servoy Admin page, a new (version of) a solution can be imported on a Servoy Application Server.
- Enter maintenance mode (this is used to avoid client deadlocks during solution import)
- Activate new release of imported solution and modules
- Overwrite repository styles with import version
- Overwrite repository group security settings with import version
- Clean import New solution name WARNING: Styles will be overwritten! (useful if you want to import your solution with a different name; the new name must not already exist as a solution in the repository)
- Override existing sequence type definitions (in repository) with the sequence types contained in the import file
- Update sequences for all tables on all servers used by the imported solution and module
- Override existing default values (in repository) with the default values contained in the import file
WARNING: This may break other solutions using the same tables, or cause tables to use nonexistent dbidentity or dbsequence sequences or other database auto enter types!
- Allow reserved SQL keywords as table or column names (will fail unless supported by the backend database)
- Allow data model (database) changes
- Display data model (database) changes
- Import solution meta data (inserts and updates, no deletes)
- Import solution sample data
- Import internationalization (i18n) data (inserts and updates)
- Insert new internationalization (i18n) keys only (inserts only, no updates)
User Import Options
- Do not import users contained in import
- Create nonexisting users and add existing users to groups specified in import
- Overwrite existing users completely (USE WITH CARE)
- Allow users to be added to the Administrators group
- Password (This solution can be password protected.)
If solution export contains database views those will be created as tables at import if not already present in database (for consistency reason).