About Servoy Mobile
The Servoy Mobile offering consists of developer support for:
- Building mobile device optimized layouts
- Exporting a Servoy solution as a HTML5 mobile app
- Wrapping the HTML5 based app as native device app for iOS and Android (amongst others)
- Building the REST service solution used by the Mobile app to retrieving and update data, utilizing JSON
If you haven't done so start with the Servoy Mobile introduction video on youtube
We suggest to start by checking out and running of the provided sample solution, before starting development of your own Mobile solution
Compared with existing servoy client technology there are a couple of limitation:
- Limited script api, can be seen in the solution explorer view in servoy developer.
- Form inheritance is not yet present.
- No calculation support yet.
- No binary media (field) support yet.
- Only iOS and Andriod devices are supported currently.
In find mode the like condition is limited to startsWith, endsWith, contains;
related record conditions are not supported (so all conditions should be on foundset that is in find mode).
- Changing record primary key value after record has been saved (using saveData) is not possible.
Sample solutions for mobile samples and other mobile demo's