See the Servoy 6.0 RC5 Release post on the Servoy Talk forum for a list of all bugfixes.
For a complete overview of everything new and improved in Servoy 6.0 see New in this release.
The following notable additions and changes were made in RC5:
- Made Search for References on methods also find references in the deprecated bgrowColorCalc form property
- Updated the Sample StyleSheet in the New StyleSheet wizard to provide a better styling and display the new odd/even/selected row styling options
- Calling JSWindow.setLocation()/setSize() called before initially showing the window will now overwrite the stored bounds of the window from a previous session. This way developers have a way to overwrite the bounds of JSWindows programatically each session
- When using non-editable HTMLArea's in the Web Client to include visual HTML, make sure to set the vertical alignment to top: the "Default" value results in vertically centered content, due to the added support for vertical alignment in the Web Client on labels & HTMLArea's
- Aligned RuntimeXxxx type names with the designtime "dispayType" property values:
- RuntimeCheckBox is now RuntimeCheck
- RuntimeMediaField is now RuntimeImageMedia
The old names are not deprecated but really removed, so if they usage in existing code will need to be refactored.
- All-In-One installer changes:
- Introduced port validator for the database port when installing the embedded PostgreSQL database
- Expanded the Tree structure of the options panel by default
- When installing the an Application Server, the Service component is selected by default
- Updated package names and descriptions in the options panel
- Removed absolute paths in the (un)install_service.bat files part of the Service component installation on Windows
- Updated the text of the popup when downloading and installing the EnterpriseDB installer to result in a less wide popup dialog