The Debug perspective contains the following views, divided into five main areas, described below from left to right and top to bottom.
- Debug and And Interactive Console
- Variables, Breakpoints, and And Expressions
- The Variables view shows a list of variables and their values active during debugging.
- The Breakpoints view shows a list of the breakpoints along with a toolbar that can be used to specify options for breakpoints. (Breakpoints are described in greater detail in the following section.)
- The Expressions view allows you to watch the values being output for a specified expression (to add an expression to the watch list, highlight it in Script editor and use the Watch command in the context menu). This view will also highlight errors caused by undefined expressions.
- Any editors (e.g. form and script editors) that were open in the Servoy Design perspective are shown in this area.
- During active debugging, the context menu provides the following additional items in addition to the normal script editor set: Display, Inspect, and Watch.
- Display shows a simple output of the value of the selected object
- Inspect shows any secondary structures that are included within a selected object.
- Watch adds a selected expression to the watch list in the Expressions view.
- The outline view shows the list of elements found in the active editor view.
- Console and And Profiler
- These views provide additional information during debugging. The console shows data being output to the log during debugging.
- When enabled (using the Start Profiling button (see below); at the top right of the view), the Profiler shows every method being fired, how many times it is fired, the time of execution, and the total execution time as the client runs.
- Other views that were opened in the Servoy Design perspective, such as TODO and Results, may also be found here.
Note: If a desired view is not visible in your Debug perspective, you can open it using the main menu item Window>Show Window > Show View (Popular debug views are shown in this menu; clicking Other opens a browser that allows you to search all available views).