A Servoy solution can be exported for sharing or backup and re-imported via the context menu of Solution Explorer.
Issue with Java 6 update 26
Due to an issue in Java 6 update 26 the browse button on the Import and Export wizards will not popup the File select dialog. This bug is is solved as of Java 1.6.0 update 29.
Exporting a Solution
To export a solution:
- Select Export Solution from the context menu of the active solution node.
- Specify the file destination.
- By default, Servoy uses the Servoy application_server/solutions folder on the local machine.
- You can click the Browse button to specify a different location.
- Choose your export options. You can protect the solution with a password, and export the solution with referenced modules, tables, sample data, i18n data, and user groups.
- Click Next for additional options (if applicable to the options you selected).
- Click Finish. The file will be saved as a .servoy file.
Importing a Solution
To import a previously saved Servoy file to the current workspace:
- Select Import Solution from the context menu of the All Solutions node.
- Browse to the file location.
- Select your import options. These include:
- Clean Import
- Allow data model (database) changes
- Activate solution after import
- Select the resources solution you want to use with the imported project.
- Click Finish. The imported solution will appear under the All solutions node and will become the currently active solution, if this option was selected.