A Servoy solution can be exported for sharing or backup and re-imported via the context menu of Solution Explorer.
Exporting a Solution
To export a solution:
- Select Export Solution from the context menu of the active solution node.
- Specify the file destination.
- By default, Servoy uses the Servoy
application_server/solutions folder on the local machine.
- You can click the Browse button to specify a different location.
- Choose your export options. You can protect the solution with a password, and export the solution with referenced modules, tables, sample data, i18n data, and user groups.
- Click Next for additional options (if applicable to the options you selected).
- Click Finish. The file will be saved as a .servoy file.
Importing a Solution
To import a previously saved Servoy file to the current workspace:
- Select Import Solution from the context menu of the All Solutions node.
- Browse to the file location.
- Select your import options. These include:
- Clean Import
- Allow data model (database) changes
- Activate solution after import
- Select the resources solution you want to use with the imported project.
- Click Finish. The imported solution will appear under the All solutions node and will become the currently active solution, if this option was selected.
Importing Existing Solutions into Workspace
To import the existing solutions into workspace:
- In the File menu, select Import
- From the General node select Existing Projects into Workspace, click Next.
- Choose one of:
a. Browse to the root of the workspace directory which contains the solutions to import.
b. Browse to an archive file which contains a workspace with solutions.
- Select the solutions to import.
- Check the wanted options, such as:
- Search for nested projects. If left unchecked, only the projects in the root of the workspace can be imported
- Copy projects into the workspace
- Hide projects that already exist in the workspace
- Click Finish