Servoy Cluster allows multiple Servoy Application Servers instances can be clustered together to act as 1 virtual Servoy Application Server.
Multiple Servoy Application Servers clustered using the Servoy Cluster share the same Servoy Repository. This means that all Servoy Application Server in the cluster share the same version of the solutions available. Servoy Cluster makes all Servoy Application Servers in the cluster remain in sync when importing (a new version of) a solution.
Setting up Servoy Cluster involves the following steps:
- Installation of multiple Servoy Application Servers (see Server installation)
- Download Terracotta:
The Servoy Application Server comes pre-installed with the integration for Terracotta. Terracotta itself must be downloaded and installed separately.
- Installation of Terracotta on each machine running a Servoy Application Server
- Configuration of each Servoy Application Servers to work with Servoy Cluster
Optionally, a HTTP Server can be installed to:
- Perform automatic load balancing
- Provide one access point for all clients, hiding the fact that there is a cluster of Servoy Application Servers