This chapter describes the process of installation of the Servoy Application Server, which uses the same all-in-one installer to install the Servoy Developer IDE. The Application Server allows the deployment of Servoy solutions and can be installed as a standalone server on production machines.
- Open the Servoy installer file. The welcome message will appear, displaying the version/release number to be installed.
- Click Next.
- Review and accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- Choose Servoy Application Server from the install options, then click Next.
- Specify the installation path. Servoy will choose a default application path appropriate to the system you are using.
- Select your desired database options.
- The bundled PostgreSQL database is a basic installation of PostgreSQL without add-ons. This option provides a sample project database that is useful for those new to Servoy.
- The PostgreSQL Standard Server by EnterpriseDB option automatically downloads and installs a fuller-featured PostgreSQL database (including the PgAdmin database admin tool), and is an appropriate choice for those using Servoy Developer in a production environment. The sample database will not be installed by default when choosing this option.
Note: You will need to write down the database port and path locations during installation of PostgreSQL Standard Server for step 3 of this procedure.
- Connect to an existing database allows users to use databases that have already been installed and are running. If this option is chosen, the bundled PostgreSQL and sample databases will not be installed.
- Confirm or enter the database configuration or connection details as appropriate:
- Bundled Postgre installation – confirm or revise the information for Database server port, Database directory, and Database data directory.
- PostgreSQL Standard Server installation – Enter the information noted during the third-party installation.
- Existing database connection – Enter the database connection information (obtained from your database administrator) in this screen.
- Confirm or enter the ports you wish to assign to the application server, then click Next. #* The Web Client will be served over the Application Server HTTP port, and the Smart Client will be served over the RMI port.
- Click on Check Availability if you need to confirm the port's availability.
- Click Next. At this point, the application server files will be installed.
When the [Finished] message appears on the progress bar, click Next to finalize the installation.