Whats new for 8.3
- Java 9/10 support, see java 9 in developer for more info how to set this up correctly (Eclipse upgraded to 4.7.3)
- Push announcements, so that Servoy can push news related events directly to the developer (once)
- Some performance improvements
- Better support from Import/Export hooks (can edit them without changing active solution)
- Show documentation/Move code improvements for the solex for solution/module code. (for example move sample works for doc with @example tag)
- Added a preference to disable the auto sync that the developer does for i18n messages (from the table to the workspace)
- Various enhancements to the Form Designer and Form Hierarchy viewer
- Stored Procedure Support - Strong data typing
when enabled for a database server the stored procedures are shown in the solution explorer and you have them in code completion under datasources.sp.servername.xxxx. If the stored procedure gives back the right info, you can create in mem tables right from the solex entry and fill that at runtime by calling the stored procedure and create the datasource from the returning dataset.
- Table filter support for query objects.
databaseManager.addTableFilterParam() has now the option to give it a QueryBuilder object. so you can add filters with OR statements or even going over relations.
- First class multi tenant support
In the developer a column can be marked as a tenant column (by setting the tenant flag in the table editor). There is a short cut if the column name is over all the tables the same, just select a server and in the popup menu there is an option "Flag tenant columns" that will flag e specific column over all tables at once. Then at runtime the tenant value of a certain client: security.setTenantValue(value) can be set that will add a tablefilter for all those tenant tables. Besides that servoy adds the tablefilter for you, it is also a performance enhancement because databroadcast is filtered. So only clients with the same tenant value will get the changes from each other.
- Client Design Mode for NGClient
- War exporter can now export multiple main solutions, not just the active one (and its modules)
- web.xml that is generated inside the war can be customized
- SolutionModel Form.getWebComponents()/getWebComponent(name) now searches through the hierarchy for responsive forms (this only applies to the form instance not the LayoutContainer, those will only give the component thats really a direct child.
- databaseManager.saveData(undefinedValue) would do a normal save, now it will just return false and don't do anything.