Once you have developed your solution and you are ready to deploy your solution to clients, you need to move the solution from the development environment to the deployment (Application Server) environment. The first step in deployment is getting your solution in a form that can be moved: exporting the solution.
Exporting a Solution
To export a solution from Servoy Developer, do the following
- Do one of the following
- Go to File>Export. A window will appear. In the tree, select Servoy>Export Active Solution. Click on the Next button.
- Right click on the active solution in the Solution Explorer. Select Export Solution. A window will appear.
- Choose a name and a location for the export file. Click Next.
- A list of options are now available. For a simple solution, you can leave all these options blank. The options include:
- Protect Solution with Password - Will require a password to import the solution; an extra security step to reduce unauthorized individuals access to the solution.
- Export referenced modules - if checked, it will also export modules attached to the solution. The will spawn an extra window to appear in the wizard to select which modules to export.
- Export all tables from referenced servers - if checked, it will export all the tables for any server used in the solution. If it is unchecked, only tables that are actually used in the solution will be exported.
- Export solution sample data - if checked, data (from the current connection) for every table exported will be included. You may choose a specific limit to the number of rows exported or you can choose to export all rows.
If the dataset is large, then exporting too many rows may fail.
Even if you have exported sample data, if there is data already in a table when importing, it will not move sample data to the table on import.
- Export i18n data - exports i18n keys used in the solution
- Export users - exports Servoy users specified in user and group security
- Click Finish (if Export referenced modules is checked, you will need to select modules to export, then click Finish)
- The .servoy file will appear in the specified location.
Quick Start Video