Note: For information on creating user groups, visit the chapter on Defining User And and Group Security. Servoy also supports database security (enforced by the database) via the Servoy database server connection. For details, consult the documentation on your database server.
- Activate the solution from the All Solutions node, if it is not currently active.
- Select the currently active solution. The Properties view, normally on the right of the workbench, should show a filtered list relevant to the solution level. (If the Properties view is not visible, enable it using the menu item Window>Show View>PropertiesWindow > Show View > Properties.
- Under the Properties node, specify the following information as applicable:
- loginForm (use default unless you have a custom login dialog)
- loginSolutionName (if a custom solution is used for login)
- mustAuthenticate (must be selected to enforce login access)
And Form Element Security
Security settings can be specified at the group level for an entire form or for selected form elements via the Form Editor Security subtab (see image below).
- In Solution Explorer, select the database from the Database Servers node. A list of tables will appear at the bottom area.
- Double-click to open the desired table. It will open in the Table Editor view.
- Select the Security subtab.
- Select the group for which you would like to assign security settings.
- Make your security selections.
- Save your changes using File>Save File > Save or CTRL-S (cmd-S).